Wet or leaky basements in Vancouver…
are common drainage problems, and here are their solutions.
With all the rain in Vancouver area, it’s important to keep your drainage clean and maintained.
- Problem: Collapsed drain tile, root & dirt filled tiles, and clay combined with red oxide.
Solution: Excavate the problem tile and replace it with perforated plastic 4” pipe and add roof drains to sump or affected area. Call our Vancouver drain tile repair specialists.
- Problem: A big “O” pipe, which easily collapses under dirt and rocks when the house is backfilled.
Solution: Replace big “O” with plastic 4” pipe in affected area
- Problem: Backfill from the surrounding hardpan is put on your drainage and walls, which do not allow your water to easily go down to your drainage system
Solution: Remove backfill and fill with drain rock
- Problem: Pipe is graded wrong, has no slope
Solution: Change the grade of the pipe to the proper slope of 1/16 inch for every 10 feet
- Problem: Little or no drain rock
Solution: At least 1 foot of drain rock is recommended. Remove backfill and fill with drain rock
- Problem: Pipe is not laid below the floor at the high point of the house
Solution: Lay pipe below the floor
- Problem: Cracked walls leading to basement leaks and mold on the walls
Solution: Excavate where the crack is then xypex the crack, backfill with drain rock to grade
- Problem: Tiles are not caulked with waterproofing
Solution: Xypex and waterproof
- Problem: Blocked storm line
Solution: Send an inspection camera down the line to see where it is blocked, then excavate or hydro-flush
- Problem: Red oxide
Solution: Hydroflush with high pressure jettings
Do you have any of these problems? Why not contact a Vancouver drainage contractor and specialist to repair your wall, basement or other leaks in Vancouver area. Neway Drainage provides quality drainage for less than many other drainage companies.